Shaker Cards for Beginners
Shaker Cards for beginners fun today on the blog, using Sweet Stamp Shop (now discontinued) and the bright, colourful and fun Doodlebug Design INC.
Lest we forget on this ANZAC DAY 2015…..Hubby and my eldest son attended an ANZAC day service in our local town, while I stayed at home snuggled in bed with my youngest. It’s so cold here at the moment and it’s not even winter yet! Laying in bed I knew that getting into my craft room and putting some brightness back into my day was the perfect choice! Using the new Doodlebug Design Collection Sunkissed was also a must. I love this collection for all it’s summer time themes and the colours are so bright and cheerful! I thought I’d make some Shaker Cards to add to the fun..Shaker cards are a lot of fun to make and add something unique to the front of a handmade card or a project life page.
Beach Bum Shaker Card
For the first card, I used the Sweet Stamp Shop Beach Bum Stamp Set and
- Stamp several beach balls, sand, buckets, spades, and a sandcastle onto X press It Blending card.
- Colour in with Copics or alcohol markers such as Chameleon Pen Colour Tones .
- Cut a template for the stripes from a scrap piece of card stock. Trace this onto the stripes paper from the 6×6 Sunkissed paper pad and then cut again.
- Next adhere some acetate to the back of the paper. Place some foam tape around the edges of the template so the sandcastle, beach balls and buckets don’t fall out.
- Place the beach items into each open stripe.
- Finished the card off by sticking the small polka dot paper onto the tape to hold the bits and pieces in and matt using the blue paper.
- Add some Enamel dots, paper twine and a stamp to finish it off.
So much fun seeing the balls and the buckets sliding around when you shake the card!
Sunshine Shaker Card
The next card I made I used some Nesting Circles and scollop circles to cut out my circles and scolloped border. Using the same technique of acetate, foam tape and some card stock on the back, I added some colourful sequins to the middle. Finishing the card with a Sunshine from the Sunkissed icons Sticker sheet, a few enamel dots and the same stamp. I love the noise this makes when you shake it around!
I have started working on some project Life pages as well Using the Sunkissed Collection, which i hope i can share with you soon! Below is a list of all the things i used to make my cards. Click on the time to find it in my store!
What I used to make the Shaker Cards
6×6 paper Pad – Doodlebug Design Sunkissed
Doodlebug Design icon Stickers – Sunkissed
Doodlebug Design Glitter Sprinkles – Sunkissed
X Press it Foam Tape
Sizzix Happy Birthday stamp
Sweet Stamp Shop Beach Bum (discontinued)
Sequins (red, orange, yellow, green)
Thanks for stopping by today and checking out my project! Leave a little love below and I’d love to see your shaker cards! Post them on Instagram and tag me in your post, or share them on my Facebook page for me to see and i will share your card!